Who Is AdvisorEngine:
We believe that the future of financial advice is personal, scientific and beautiful – these three ideals drive everything that we do.
AdvisorEngine is a leading wealth management fintech platform that creates a unified experience across financial advisors, investors, and business management personnel. Our wealth management platform enables financial advisors to deliver an engaging, personalized client experience and to operate at scale through smart automation.
Our team is made up of designers, enterprise technologists, data scientists, futurists, and business builders. We are based in NYC and Raleigh, NC. If you love data and are driven to create the future of financial advice, we’d love to hear from you.
AdvisorEngine is searching for a senior level QA tester. The right candidate will have experience with QA best practices and proven experience performing all QA-related functions; including, but not limited to: vetting requirements; creating test plans, test data and test cases; executing test cases; creating automation scripts; and reviewing regression results to quickly determine if our products are ready for market. QA team members work very closely with developers on an integrated team dedicated to delivering high-quality solutions. The right candidate will enjoy being part of a highly interactive, Agile team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Interpret requirements and acceptance criteria to create test cases.
- Take on the face of the customer to ensure a validated product.
- Participate in all aspects of testing: unit, integration, functional, regression, load/performance, automation and system testing.
- Participate in building a QA Automation environment and procedures from the ground up while continuing the manual test efforts for release while the transition to full automation occurs.
- Define scope and objectives of all levels of QA testing; Establish the purpose and deliverables of the test effort; and Develop and implement test plans/cases.
- Develop and maintain automated testing scripts for complex environments.
- Contribute to the definition, development and implementation of quality assurance practices and procedures and other QA assessments.
- Adhere to the standards and best practices within the Agile methodology.
- Establish fact based measurements of test efficiency, effectiveness and product readiness; examples include: defect densities, defect counts, code coverage and automation counts.
- Manage and troubleshoot defects to resolution while proactively identifying risks to management.
- Work collaboratively with development to identify testability of the architectural design and application code while infusing Quality into the team’s deliverables.
- Work directly with appropriate business partners and development to understand project concepts, objectives and approach of software development projects.
- Responsible for estimating and coordinating testing for projects .
- Work collaboratively with offshore QA and Development staff.
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Mathematics, Physics or a closely related field. Other degrees will be considered based on the candidate’s technical aptitude.
- 5+ years’ experience in Quality Assurance on products with extensive UI, process flow, and backend data manipulation.
- Proven experience with black box and white box testing techniques and tools.
- Experience in automating Web Services, Micro-Services and data processes (extracting/loading).
- 5+ years of experience with QA automation tools including scripting and recorded automation.
- 2+ years of experience with Selenium IDE and WebAPI
- Experience with SQL queries and understanding of SQL tools to navigate the database.
- 2+ years of experience testing services (REST or SOAP)
- Experience establishing load testing criteria and creating a test environment to support ongoing load validation.
- Experience establishing performance testing criteria and creating a test environment to support ongoing performance validation.
- Strong written and verbal communications, teamwork and problem-solving skills.
- Experience supporting a Test-Driven Development culture.
- Engage in testing as a part of the development cycle, thereby shortening the QA cycle.
- Ability to interact and communicate successfully with business partners and technology teams.
- Experience with Agile Development Practices.
- Self-starter who can grasp difficult concepts.
- Ability to think outside the box and come up with creative solutions when tools don’t work.
- Experience working with resources in different geographical locations.
- Strong ability to multitask and context switch.
- Strong Leadership skills to lead a project and drive all the different components together
- High proficiency in financial industry with the ability to reconcile stocks, bonds, money market instruments and other assets.
- Experience with Telerik.
- Experience with Team Foundation Server, Jira and/or Jenkins.
- Experience testing wealth management, financial services, or brokerage industry products or applications