Who Is AdvisorEngine:
We believe that the future of financial advice is personal, scientific and beautiful – these three ideals drive everything that we do.
AdvisorEngine is a leading wealth management fintech platform that creates a unified experience across financial advisors, investors, and business management personnel. Our wealth management platform enables financial advisors to deliver an engaging, personalized client experience and to operate at scale through smart automation.
Our team is made up of designers, enterprise technologists, data scientists, futurists, and business builders. We are based in NYC and Raleigh, NC. If you love data and are driven to create the future of financial advice, we’d love to hear from you.
About this Role:
AdvisorEngine is an exciting growth minded company looking for a seasoned, energetic and engaging Senior Sales Leader to ignite revenue growth and own all sales and relationship management activities. The ideal sales leader will have a track record of success managing wealth management technology, managed account platforms or RIA/IBD custody sales. This is a unique opportunity for someone who has a passion to win, the vision to build, and the skills and drive to lead while embodying our core values of: camaraderie, clarity, curiosity, creativity, crushing it, and celebration.
The right candidate will have a deep understanding of the RIA and independent broker dealer markets. They will know how to lead sales and build influential relationships with the primary custodians and across our parent company, Franklin Templeton. This person will report to the CEO and help guide the firm's go-to-market strategy.
The Head of Sales will be accountable for delivering revenue growth through client acquisition and retention. In that capacity he/she will have the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Drive and develop the company’s revenue generating teams (sales, relationship management) to grow revenue by increasing new sales, expanding relationships and maximizing retention.
- Drive process and results related to sales incentive, quotas, forecasting model and associated performance metrics - Objectives and Key Result expectations.
- Lead and implement the sales strategy to align with the client buying a lifecycle.
- Develop and manage strategic partnerships and executive relationships (Custodians, WealthTechs, consultants, etc. )
- Collaborate with internal leadership related to future product strategy to increase revenue with differentiating value propositions.
- Define, create and implement sales initiatives that support revenue acceleration
- Mentor, develop and motivate a high-performing and highly engaged sales and relationship management team in skills, sales tactics and activities, product knowledge, teamwork, time and territory management, and competitive knowledge
- Develop and implement new processes to optimize revenue generating functions.
- Manage sales budgeting, forecasting and KPI reporting
- Continually assess the effectiveness of sales methods and programs and re-calibrate existing sales strategies.
- Ensure sales operations process & tools are in place & effectively executed to support a stable & repeatable business model
- Manage training for Sales to develop business & technical knowledge and expertise
- Engage with the firm’s clients as a company leader and client advocate
- Own relationship profitability, pricing and terms of business with clients to achieve profitable growth
- Represent the company at conferences and social events to raise the profile and develop positioning of the firm with target audiences.
- Provide leadership to the entire firm regarding the commercial side of the business, so that there is a coherent team effort behind the business development drive
Required Skills & Experience:
- Sales Operations: Quantitative metrics-driven sales leadership and operating discipline with demonstrated sales frameworks, success in forecasting, pipeline management, performance management, analytics and reporting.
- Expertise: Sales growth: Proven track record leading a SaaS sales team and implementation of relationship management - client engagement models.
- Market: experience in wealth management with ability to demonstrate domain expertise in the RIA, IBD and related wealth segments of Financial Services.
- Results: a previous track record that provides a high level of confidence that he/she can lead the team and participate at the leadership level to achieve year on year growth with the objective of driving revenue.
- Strategy: Prior responsibility for the development of the strategic go-to market plan including segmentation, competitive analysis, competitive positioning, account targeting, account and territory strategy and coverage, alliance strategy, pricing strategy, and sales organization design (structure/size).
- 10+ years of sales experience in RIA / wealth management industry
- 10 + years of leadership experience with wealth management technology or platforms
- A hands on, action oriented leader
- Confidence and energy to develop industry partner relationships
- Well-developed organizational skills, with attention to detail
- Executive presence, operational professionalism, process oriented and metric driven
- Highly collaborative internally and externally across the industry and to our parent
- Extensive understanding of the wealthtech ecosystem - competitors, trends, strategies and differentiators
- Ardent client advocate and passionate a