Who Is AdvisorEngine:
We believe that the future of financial advice is personal, scientific and beautiful – these three ideals drive everything that we do.
AdvisorEngine is a leading wealth management fintech platform that creates a unified experience across financial advisors, investors, and business management personnel. Our wealth management platform enables financial advisors to deliver an engaging, personalized client experience and to operate at scale through smart automation.
Our team is made up of designers, enterprise technologists, data scientists, futurists, and business builders. We are based in NYC and Raleigh, NC. If you love data and are driven to create the future of financial advice, we’d love to hear from you.
About the role
AdvisorEngine is looking for a C# Staff Developer who will have responsibilities including heads down full stack programming, design, and component ownership. The developer will be responsible for working collaboratively with other developers, quality assurance, and product management staff to deliver high quality applications on a regular schedule.
Responsibilities will include:
- Participating on a team of domestic and offshore development and QA staff to deliver quality projects in an agile environment.
- Design and develop modules required to meet objectives.
- Work with product and technical management to completely understand desired deliverables
- Ensure the technical solution fits into the overall product architecture and design
- Translate user stories into technical tasks to ensure iterative output delivery can be committed and consistent velocities can be established
- Participate in the agile development process
- Follow all technical processes for code development, testing, and deployment.
- Create high quality code that delivers on requirements and acceptance criteria
- Own product components as an expert over that area of the product
- Work to quickly debug issues.
- Some after hours work may be required for deployments and third tier support
- Strong familiarity with best practices around logging, monitoring, and self healing applications
- Experience working with resources in different geographical locations
What you have:
- Bachelors or Masters in computer science or related technical field
- Strong experience developing C# .NET, ASP.NET (6y+)
- Experience with MS SQL, relational databases (4y+)
- Experience with Angular, ReactJS
- Experience with .NET Core and microservices
- Experience with API mechanisms (swagger)
- Experience developing hosted client server applications
- Experience with OAuth and standard security protocols
- Strong object oriented design skills and producing well-engineered design
- Strong analytical ability to quickly debug complex issues with a variety of system debugging tools
- Ability to grasp difficult concepts, large architectures, and sophisticated designs quickly
- Experience with configuration management
- Ability to multi-task, context switch, and succeed in a fast paced, dynamic environment with many moving parts and a large variety of responsibilities
- Strong knowledge retention capabilities
- Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills
- Teamwork and the ability to interact and communicate successfully with business partners, technology team, offshore staff, and professional services.
- Strong innovation, creativity, and problem-solving skills
- Strong estimation skills providing accurate estimates with defined risks and planned mitigations
- Experience with developing applications for authorization and authentication
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment
- Experience working with Jira and Confluence
- Experience with unit tests and test driven development
- Experience with financial services or brokerage industry