Who Is AdvisorEngine:
We believe that the future of financial advice is personal, scientific and beautiful – these three ideals drive everything that we do
AdvisorEngine technology creates a unified experience across financial advisors, clients, and business management personnel. While our journey is in the early phases, we’ve already started turning our vision into reality. We have already delivered a wealth management platform that enables financial advisors to deliver an engaging personalized client experience to drive growth and to operate at scale through smart automation. We have also completed four acquisitions and raised over $62 million in investor capital to help fuel our future growth.
Our team is made up of designers, enterprise technologists, data scientists, futurists, and business builders. We are based in Tribeca, New York. If you are driven to create the future of financial advice, we’d love to hear from you.
Job Location: Raleigh, NC
The right candidate will have deep experience testing web applications, cloud applications, and who is eager to drive efficiency and test automation. The candidate will work extremely close with developers on an integrated team dedicated to delivering high-quality solutions. The right candidate will be a confident self-starter with a strong desire to continuously learn and will enjoy being part of a highly interactive, Agile team.
- Interpret requirements from user stories to identify what tests need to be created and automated. Act on behalf of the end-user, looking for gaps in requirements, acceptance criteria to provide the proper user experience.
- Work with QA team in all aspects of testing, which includes integration, functional, regression, load/performance, automation and system testing.
- Design and implement automated tests, and work with QA team to automate tests that are currently manual executed. Help the team move toward the goal of complete automation.
- Participate in creating documentation for various initiatives including test plans/cases, behavioral documents, procedures, and process improvements.
- Adhere to the standards and best practices within the Agile methodology
- Troubleshoot defects to resolution while proactively identifying risks to lead/management
- Work directly with appropriate business partners and development to understand project concept, objectives and approach of software development projects
- Responsible for estimating and coordinating testing for projects.
- Ability to effectively collaborate among a geographically dispersed teams both on and offshore.
What you have:
- 5+ years’ experience in Quality Assurance on testing enterprise class software end to end
- Define scope and objectives of all levels of QA testing; Establish the purpose and deliverables of the test effort; and Develop and implement test plans/cases
- Deep knowledge of testing techniques, best practices, and tools
- Substantial experience testing web-services REST/SOAP (e.g. JMETER, Postman, or similar tool) with protocols like JSON, XML, and HTTP
- 3+ years experience with QA automation. Participate in building a QA Automation environment and procedures from the ground up while continuing the manual test efforts for release while the transition to full automation occurs.
- Develop and maintain automated testing scripts for complex environments using some coding language (eg Java).
- Strong T-SQL skills for validating backend data and/or data manipulation
- Strong written and verbal communications, teamwork and problem-solving skills.
- Engage testing as a part of the development cycle, thereby shortening the QA cycle.
- Ability to interact and communicate successfully with internal business partners and technology teams.
- Be a Self-starter who can grasp difficult concepts.
- Ability to think outside the box and come up with creative solutions when known tools don’t fit or work.
- Strong ability context switch.
- 3+ years experience using Selenium, Serenity B-D-D, Cucumber, and Java.
- Experience testing a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool.
- Knowledge of concepts like: GIT Flow and Behavior Driven Development
- Working knowledge of technologies like: BitBucket, Jenkins, Maven, GIT, GIT Bash.
- Mastery of Jira, Confluence, or similar project management tools.
- Experience with Agile Development Practices.
- Experience testing Wealth Management applications – specifically with experience around financial performance, billing, account processing, transaction processing, and other investment activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Mathematics, Physics or a closely related field Other degrees will be considered based on the candidate’s technical aptitude.