Who Is AdvisorEngine:
We believe that the future of financial advice is personal, scientific and beautiful – these three ideals drive everything that we do.
AdvisorEngine is a leading wealth management fintech platform that creates a unified experience across financial advisors, investors, and business management personnel. Our wealth management platform enables financial advisors to deliver an engaging, personalized client experience and to operate at scale through smart automation.
Our team is made up of designers, enterprise technologists, data scientists, futurists, and business builders. We are based in NYC and Raleigh, NC. If you love data and are driven to create the future of financial advice, we’d love to hear from you.
About the role:
AdvisorEngine is looking for a React Developer who will work with local and offshore development, designers, and QA team members to develop a best of breed FinTech application. The agile team works iteratively to develop the web and mobile user interfaces for a complex application that allows advisors and their clients to transform their financial investment engagement to a digital experience. The person taking the position will be responsible for working collaboratively in a highly dynamic and fast paced environment.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working with domestic and offshore development, design, and QA staff to deliver quality products in an agile environment.
- Design and develop modules required to meet objectives.
- Work with product management to completely understand desired deliverables to deliver the right solution
- Work with team lead and other engineers to ensure the technical solution fits into the overall product architecture and design
- Translate user stories into technical tasks to ensure iteration where output can be committed to delivery and consistent velocities can be established
- Participate effectively in the agile development process
- Follow all technical processes for code development, testing, and deployment.
- Work to quickly debug issues through the development process and in production when required.
- Some after hours work may be required for deployments and third tier support
- Strong familiarity with best practices around logging, monitoring, and self healing applications
- Experience working with resources in different geographical locations
What you have:
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Strong experience developing React (2+ years)
- Experience with any other framework (Angular 2.0, Vue.js) and/or JQuery
- Strong experience with REST/GraphQL and other API mechanisms
- Experience developing hosted client server applications (3+ years)
- Experience consuming services with an emphasis on REST services and message based architecture
- Strong object oriented design skills and producing well-engineered design
- Ability to quickly debug complex issues with a variety of system debugging tools
- Ability to grasp difficult concepts, large architectures, and sophisticated designs quickly
- Experience with configuration management
- Proven track record successfully being a member of an agile development team
- Strong knowledge retention capabilities
- Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills
- Teamwork and the ability to interact and communicate successfully with business partners, technology team, offshore staff, and professional services.
- Strong innovation, creativity, and problem-solving skills
- Strong estimation skills providing accurate estimates with defined risks and planned mitigations
- Ability to effectively participate in technical discussions and work toward solutions to achieve business needs
- Ability to multi-task, context switch, and succeed in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Experience with Redux, Redux Saga and webpack
- Full stack development experience
- Experience developing in PHP or Java
- Experience with Symfony or other PHP similar frameworks
- Experience with Java Persistence Architecture (JPA)
- Experience with Object Relational Mapping tools, specifically flyway
- Experience across spring frameworks
- Experience with Postgres and SQL
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment
- Experience working with Jira and Confluence
- Experience with unit tests and test driven development
- Experience with financial services or brokerage industry