Who Is AdvisorEngine:
We believe that the future of financial advice is personal, scientific and beautiful – these three ideals drive everything that we do.
AdvisorEngine is a leading wealth management fintech platform that creates a unified experience across financial advisors, investors, and business management personnel. Our wealth management platform enables financial advisors to deliver an engaging, personalized client experience and to operate at scale through smart automation.
Our team is made up of designers, enterprise technologists, data scientists, futurists, and business builders. We are based in Tribeca, New York. If you are driven to create the future of financial advice, we’d love to hear from you.
Job Function Summary
AdvisorEngine is looking for a product designer who will champion a human centered design methodology across internal and external stakeholders. This is a hands-on (individual contributor) role which requires mastery of visual design principles and the tools that render those tenants. You will bring a solid understanding of the design process and best practices for driving positive business outcomes from concept to pixel perfect accuracy. Working closely between marketing and product, you will execute on and contribute to the team's vision to bring the brand forward through various initiatives and touch points. The ideal candidate feels comfortable contributing to brainstorming sessions as much as they are translating insights into appropriate fidelity design artifacts.
About the responsibilities:
- Execute on the company’s mission to build the future of financial advice through beautifully crafted experiences
- Facilitate design reviews with key stakeholders, ensuring the problem being solved is always at top of mind
- Ability to validate design decisions against gathered insights
- Participate in the agile development process, working closely with development and product management partners to ensure intended outcomes
- Participate in usability studies and synthesize feedback into digestible patterns
- Work to quickly deliver design artifacts which may including hi/lo-fi prototypes, Sketch mockups and/or ad-hoc whiteboard ideation sessions
- You have a bias for action, moving quickly, pivoting when necessary and following through
- You approach problems holistically, always with a with a great deal of empathy towards clients
- You can successfully communicate your design decisions, how you arrived at them and how they will make a positive business impact
- You understand how diverse perspectives and nonlinear thinking can better inform your design
- You stay current and curious, constantly trying to evolve your craft
- You bring others into the process to ensure synergies across all partnerships stay strong
- You hold a mastery of design tools such as Sketch, InVision, Adobe XD
- Your portfolio clearly demonstrates a design process and application of scale, color, balance and hierarchy to achieve favorable outcomes
- 3+ yrs working in a product, visual, or ux design capacity
- You must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Plus if you:
- Have experience with advance prototyping tools such as Figma, Flinto, InVision Studio and/or Framer
- Have worked in the financial services space
- Can communicate in Slack via memes
**A link to your portfolio is required to be considered for this role.