Who Is AdvisorEngine:
We believe that the future of financial advice is personal, scientific and beautiful – these three ideals drive everything that we do.
AdvisorEngine technology creates a unified experience across financial advisors, clients and business management personnel. Our journey is just beginning, but we’ve already started turning our vision into reality. We have built the industry’s most advanced wealth management platform using smart automation; added data integrations with other leading technology companies; developed strong client relationships; completed four acquisitions; and raised over $55 million in investor capital to help fuel our future growth.
Our team is made up of designers, enterprise technologists, data scientists, futurists and business builders. We are based in Tribeca, New York with offices in Atlanta, Georgia and Raleigh, North Carolina. If you are driven to create the future of financial advice, we’d love to hear from you.
Job Location: Raleigh, NC
AdvisorEngine is currently looking for hands on QA Manager. The right candidate will have experience with QA best practices and proven experience performing all QA-related functions; including, but not limited to: vetting requirements; creating test plans, test data and test cases; executing test cases; creating automation scripts; and reviewing regression results to quickly determine if our products are ready for market. The position will be responsible for guiding improvements to our QA processes and ensuring our QA staff provides software validation efficiently and successfully.
Additionally, the candidate will have strong experience creating and enhancing QA Automation for UI and backend testing. This experience should include a deep understanding of how to apply efficiency to the automation process to balance the investment time vs. the returns to obtain the best rewards for the investment. QA team members work very closely with developers on an integrated team dedicated to delivering high-quality solutions. The right candidate will enjoy being part of a highly interactive, Agile team.
This position will be a hands-on testing position in addition to the matrixed management responsibilities. The right person will have a strong interest in working as an active quality assurance engineer while also working to develop and improve processes and own leading the QA team to new levels of efficiency and capabilities.
Responsibilities will include:
· Overall responsibility for the quality of our products
· Participate in all aspects of testing: unit, integration, functional, regression, load/performance, automation and system testing
· Lead the team to build a QA Automation environment and procedures that allow AE to effectively validate the product while defining the right formula and balance between automation and manual testing.
· Define scope and objectives of all levels of QA testing; Establish the purpose and deliverables of the test effort; and Develop and implement test plans/cases
· Develop and maintain automated testing scripts for complex environments
· Contribute to and champion the definition, development and implementation of quality assurance practices and procedures and other QA assessments
· Adhere to the standards and best practices within the Agile methodology
· Establish fact based measurements of test efficiency, effectiveness and product readiness; examples include: defect densities, defect counts, code coverage and automation counts
· Manage and troubleshoot defects to resolution while proactively identifying risks to management
· Work collaboratively with development to identify testability of the architectural design and application code while infusing Quality into the team’s deliverables
· Work directly with appropriate business partners and development to understand project concepts, objectives and approach of software development projects
· Responsible for estimating, coordinating and directing testing for projects
· Matrix managing the QA staff across multiple times
· Owning QA responsibilities as the QA lead for at least 1 team
· Become the QA expert on our product line
· Establish and implement the training plan required ensure all QA staff understand their area of the product line as well as the product owners.
What you have:
· Experience managing QA staff
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Mathematics, Physics or a closely related field
· 7+ years’ experience in Quality Assurance on products with extensive UI, process flow, and backend data manipulation
· Proven experience with black box and white box testing techniques and tools
· Experience in automating Web Services, Micro-Services and data processes (extracting/loading)
· 7+ years of deep experience with QA automation tools including scripting, framework building, and establishing processes to effectively use QA automation
· Experience with SQL queries and understanding of SQL tools to navigate the database
· 2+ years of experience testing services (REST, SOAP)
· Experience establishing load testing criteria and creating a test environment to support ongoing load validation
· Experience establishing performance testing criteria and creating a test environment to support ongoing performance validation
· Strong written and verbal communications, teamwork and problem-solving skills
· Experience supporting a Test-Driven Development culture
· Experience engaging in testing as a part of the development cycle, thereby shortening the QA cycle
· Ability to interact and communicate successfully with business partners and technology teams
· Experience with Agile Development Practices
· Self-starter who can grasp difficult concepts
· Ability to think outside the box and come up with creative solutions when tools don’t work
· Experience working with resources in different geographical locations and offshore staff
· Experience developing QA framework with Java and/or PHP
· Strong experience with Selenium
· Experience with Jira, Confluence, Test Rail
· Experience testing Wealth Management applications – specifically with experience around financial performance, billing, account processing, transaction processing, and other investment activities.