Who Is AdvisorEngine:
We believe that the future of financial advice is personal, scientific and beautiful – these three ideals drive everything that we do.
AdvisorEngine technology creates a unified experience across financial advisors, clients, and business management personnel. While our journey is in the early phases, we’ve already started turning our vision into reality. We have already delivered a wealth management platform that enables financial advisors to deliver an engaging personalized client experience to drive growth and to operate at scale through smart automation. We have also completed four acquisitions and raised over $62 million in investor capital to help fuel our future growth.
Our team is made up of designers, enterprise technologists, data scientists, futurists, and business builders. We are based in Tribeca, New York If you are driven to create the future of financial advice, we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for a Senior DevOps engineer to build and manage the next generation of Wealth Management systems, with a focus on system stability, performance and monitoring. This position requires a lot of hands-on experience as well as the ability to improvise and be successful in a fast-paced start-up environment.
Location: Raleigh, NC
- Manage highly scalable and available distributed systems on cloud-based platforms.
- Automate everything - write automation and configuration management code to build scalable, reliable and secure systems.
- Identify key system metrics and ensure adequate monitoring coverage for new and existing services.
- Build monitoring, supervision and resiliency mechanisms to observe, react to, and maintain platform health and performance.
- Manage deployments, upgrades, configurations in a controlled, pre-production and production environment with tight operating perimeters.
- Manage vendor DevOps monitoring team (24/7/365) with after hours on-call support.
- Verify the functionality of components and services and ensures deployment meets expectations; Design, create, and document test plans, possibly code a custom test automation framework.
- Work on complex, major or highly visible tasks in support of multiple projects that require multiple areas of expertise.
- Plan and execute ongoing routine application maintenance tasks, such as production support, and troubleshooting existing information systems; Identify errors and deficiencies as well as develop long and short-term solutions. Keep up-to-date with security patches and proactively address security vulnerabilities and compliance.
- Analyze a variety of approaches to a DevOps problem – provide pros and cons of different approaches to the team to arrive at an agreed upon direction.
- Gather and understanding business requirements with a focus on business outcomes.
- Prepare and present formal training to IT staff, as needed.
- Strong Linux skills (RedHat or Ubuntu) with respect to operations, and troubleshooting.
- Experience operating, tuning, and troubleshooting PostgreSQL in Production as well as database design, backup, and restoration.
- Operational experience with Kubernetes, Flannel, Docker and HashiCorp Products in Production.
- Strong demonstrated experience in Python, Java, and Shell Scripting.
- Expert experience with operations and DevOps on the AWS technology.
- Expert experience with automation/configuration management using Ansible, Chef, or Puppet; CI/CD tools, such as Jenkins, Artifactory, GIT, etc.
- The ability to project manage or act as project lead while providing subject matter expertise and technical direction.
- Strong experience with APM tools such as Dynatrace, NewRelic, AppDynamics, as well as Log Analysis and Monitoring tools such as Splunk, CloudWatch, Dynatrace, Nagios, SysDig, etc.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent professional experience.
SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in network security (DNS, VPN/VPC, IDS/IPS, Subnets/Security Groups/Network ACLs) and technologies supporting compliance (HA/DR, Identity Management, Key Management, WAF and others.
- Understanding of security best practices for banking procedures (ideally PCI knowledge)